2014-01-13

Sunrise at Burbage moor

Let's start with a postcard. Sheep waking up to a beautiful sunrise on a frosty morning. They appear to have chosen the spot to be in line with the rising sun, but they were already there, before the rays graced them. Sixth sense?


Dense-ish cloud cover that lends to such picturesque sunrises also means that the conditions change very quickly. In such conditions I use the 'shoot first - ask later' technique ;) and trust my instincts mostly. When seeing a potentially good subject I shoot several frames with slightly different framing and orientation. Really, there is no time to set up tripod and carefully study the composition. The other thing is that when I'm drawn visually to something I may not notice all the important details at the time of capture. Like the beautiful turbulent clouds below


No comments: